Steel E-Motive is a vehicle engineering program developing virtual concepts for fully autonomous and connected electric vehicles designed for mobility as a service (MaaS) applications. A partnership between WorldAutoSteel and Ricardo, the program explores how steel solutions can address the challenges of developing MaaS vehicles that meet these future mobility challenges.
In this free webinar, Neil McGregor of Ricardo and WorldAutoSteel’s George Coates showcase the vehicle technical specifications and expectations for steel innovations. The experts will also outline innovations in the progression of key component structures.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Overview of market influencers and motivations for fully autonomous MaaS vehicles
- Discussion on steel technologies and fabrication processes for future vehicles
- Design challenges and considerations for fully autonomous vehicles
- Development of Steel E-Motive body structure for autonomous MaaS vehicles
- Novel battery enclosure structure giving cost, weight and greenhouse gas benefits