Volker Null, Global Technology Manager Thermal Fluids, Shell | LinkedIn
Sundeep Kamath, Global Marketing Manager, Shell | LinkedIn
Ultra-fast electric vehicle charging will require a step-change in battery thermal management performance.
In this free webinar, Shell‘s Volker Null and Sundeep Kamath discuss how conventional cooling concepts with water/glycol compare to immersive cooling with next-generation E-fluids under ultra-fast charging.
Shell’s experts also discuss how cutting edge E-fluids offer the potential to rethink system integration with other vehicle components, thus ultimately enabling better engineering solutions for the next generation of electric vehicles.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Understand the benefits of immersive battery thermal management versus conventional cooling with water/glycol
- How immersive battery thermal management can enable ultra-fast charging and extend battery life, thereby reducing TCO
- Enhanced battery safety – passing abuse test with no propagation and thermal runaway control
- New methods for vehicle integration by combining circuits for battery, e-motor and electronic components with a single dielectric fluid
- Showcase: immersive battery thermal management in automotive applications