Michael Steindl, Department Manager, AVL
Daniel Lueddecke, Senior Software-defined Vehicle Ecosystem, Microsoft | LinkedIn
Ricardo Gonzalez-Ramos, Senior Manager - Infrastructure and Tooling, ZF | LinkedIn
“Software-defined vehicle” (SDV) is a term that describes a vehicle whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. The automotive industry is in the middle of the transformation from a mainly hardware-based automobile to a software-centric electronic device on wheels. Vehicle manufacturers as well as suppliers are pushing to adopt modern software development processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and DevOps approaches. AVL, ZF and Microsoft support this implementation of DevOps and its integration with the traditional hardware development processes.
In this first webinar (of a series of three) ZF, Microsoft and AVL discuss the challenges, methods and solutions to enable a smooth transition to a continuous software deployment while ensuring software quality and security requirements.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Understand advantages of the DevOps approach compared to traditional V-Cycle development process
- Learn about the biggest challenges in the transition to the SDV development
- Understand requirements on modern build pipelines for continuous deployment
- Understand prerequisites and advantages of a fully automated delivery test
- Find out which tools and methods can support software development for the SDV