Dr. Reinhard Tatschl, Research and Technology Manager, AVL | LinkedIn
Dr. Christoph Pötsch, Development Engineer Software, AVL | LinkedIn
It is essential to choose the correct cold-start strategy to successfully start a PEM fuel cell system at sub-zero temperatures.
In this free webinar, AVL’s Dr Reinhard Tatschl and Dr Christoph Pötsch present a multi-physical system simulation solution that offers detailed insight into the cell.
The experts explain how to study the formation of liquid water and freezing / de-freezing processes in the PEM fuel cell stack during cold start and discuss how to ensure self-sustained electrochemical reactions and proper heat-up characteristics.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Multi-physical simulation platform for supporting fuel cell system development
- Scalable modelling depth from 1D to 3D for cell, stack and system
- Electrochemical PEMFC stack model comprising water management (with phase transition to liquid and frozen), species cross-diffusion and thermal effects
- Automated workflow for parameter identification, validation and model generation
- Numerical robustness enables fast simulation time in the office and unconditional real-time capability on the VTB
- Flexible and configurable result quantities definition and display