Dr. Michael Peter Schneider, Lead Technical Officer AUTOSAR Security, ETAS | LinkedIn
Dr. Siddharth Shukla, Senior Product Manager, Network Intrusion Detection System, ETAS | LinkedIn
With the move towards Ethernet-oriented zonal E/E-architectures, the security requirements are becoming more widely distributed in the vehicle rather than based on a central gateway. This increased complexity renders implementing a defense-in-depth approach very challenging, especially considering the complex Ethernet packet routing requirements.
One significant pain point is the missing common language when configuring Firewalls/Routing behaviour due to the different views of the stakeholders (system versus ECU). However, it’s possible to address this challenge by specifying a standardized configuration language that allows the use of the well-established AUTOSAR ecosystem to configure and exchange Firewall filter rules.
In this free webinar, Dr Michael Peter Schneider and Dr Siddharth Shukla of ETAS discuss the standardization of Ethernet firewalls within the AUTOSAR consortium.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Understand why a firewall is needed as a component in the ECU
- Discover different firewall deployment scenarios
- Gain insight into standardization and management of firewall filter rules
- Learn how to update firewall rules
- Find out about the impact on Classic AUTOSAR, Adaptive AUTOSAR and switches
- Gain insight into how ETAS was involved in developing the new AUTOSAR firewall specification