Emissions Analytics Founder and CEO Nick Molden provides unique insight into the real-world CO2 emissions of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and explains why they represent a risky route to meeting carbon reduction goals.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Are PHEVs a rapid and practical route to carbon dioxide reduction, or a risky diversion from other more promising types of powertrain?
- Many vehicles are being launched with CO2 emissions below 49g/km on the WLTP cycle, to gain CO2 supercredits and tax advantages.
- What does independent real-world testing tell us happens in practice?
- Are the advantages of PHEVs correctly represented in manufacturer marketing?
- How technology-neutral AIR Index ratings can help demystify the situation.
Note: This presentation was delivered as part of the Mobex Hybrid Electric Vehicle Innovation Summit.