Can’t attend live? Register anyway, and we’ll send you a link to the slides and a video of the webinar when it’s finished.
In this free, 60-minute webinar, BASF’s Chris Korson and Ricardo Mercado discuss the differences in material behaviour when using composites instead of aluminium.
The experts also explain how to design using composites with anisotropic properties and how the vehicle NVH performance is affected by replacing aluminium mounts with a composite alternative.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Understand the mechanical differences between composite and metallic solutions
- Learn why the best stiffness-to-weight ratio may not offer the best NVH performance
- Gain insight into the role damping plays in NVH performance
- Discover how BASF analyzes and optimizes anisotropic composite materials using their proprietary ULTRASIM® software
- Review powertrain mount applications in both ICE and EV vehicles where composites replaced metallic solutions for a lighter and more cost effective solution