Ales Cvikl, Team Leader Thermodynamics, Advanced Simulation Technologies, AVL | LinkedIn
Andrej Poredos, Team Leader Powertrain Systems and Thermal Solutions, Advanced Simulation Technologies, AVL | LinkedIn
Awareness of the need for more sustainable mobility is growing, as is the pressure on engineers to deliver solutions quickly.
There is no question that the internal combustion engine (ICE) can and will continue to play an essential role in future mobility. However, to realize ICEs with zero CO2 and zero-impact pollutant emissions, using new/alternative fuels is critical. Hydrogen is possibly the most promising alternative fuel solution.
Numerous challenges exist in successfully developing Hydrogen engines, including:
- How do you get hydrogen into the combustion chamber?
- How do you achieve the best air-fuel mixture?
- What is the best way to ignite hydrogen?
- What NOx level is produced?
- Can I get a diesel-like performance?
Integrating simulation into your development process can shorten your time to market and allow you to quickly explore different concepts using thermodynamics cycle simulation to prepare or confirm design decisions. 3D-CFD provides detailed insights into mixture formation, combustion, and heat transfer.
In this free webinar, AVL experts discuss an easy-to-use solution that supports you throughout the development process with assistants such as the engine model generator, parameterization wizards, and various automated workflows.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Learn how to master the challenges of using hydrogen as a fuel for ICEs from the perspective of a simulation engineer
- Discover how thermodynamics and CFD can help develop hydrogen-fuelled engines to meet performance and emission targets
- Gain insight into recent developments in AVL simulation solutions for hydrogen
- Find out how automating simulation quantifiably speeds up development times and reduces costs and effort