In this free webinar, Garrett’s Peter Davies explains how TwoStage compression and interstage cooling can lead to significant fuel economy from a high-power density gasoline engine in a heavily hybridized vehicle.
The expert will also outline Garrett’s progress and forecast where such turbochargers might be used in the future.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Find out how to achieve significant fuel economy in (x)HEVs
- Learn about SC-VNT and interstage cooling, a compact TwoStage compression system that offers PR~6 (pressure ratio) without the need for a second turbine
- Discover how the technology enables ultra-high levels of millerization and can facilitate thermal brake efficiencies of 42.5% @ over 100kW/L
- Find out how to achieve fuel efficiency improvements of up to 6.5% in WLTC and 8% in RDE in a P2 48V MHEV
- Learn how SC-VNT & Interstage Cooling can be applied to all spark ignition engines that are limited in BMEP by the phenomenon of “knock”